Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.co.uk
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
Home > Arts > Artists > D

D Gallery

Choose from 12,050 pictures in our D collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


Dali Atomicus (1948) Featured D Image

Dali Atomicus (1948)

Dali Atomicus (1948). This photographic artwork by Latvian-born US photographer Philippe Halsman (1906-1979) shows Spanish surrealist painter Salvador Dali (1904-1989) in mid-air, with suspended objects, cats and water caught in surreal motion. At right is Dali's work Leda Atomica (1949). This is the unretouched version of Halsman's work, with an assistant (left) and strings (right) still visible. The scene was attempted 28 times before Halsman achieved the desired effect. Halsman and Dali collaborated on a number of works, of which this is the most famous

© LIBRARY OF CONGRESS/SCIENCE PHOTO LIBRARY

The Last Caravan by A. E. Bestall Featured D Image

The Last Caravan by A. E. Bestall

A colour illustration by Alfred Bestall showing a fantasy scene where a group of travellers are being spied on from woodland by a centaur and female imps. Alfred Bestall (1892-1986) is best-known as the artist who drew Rupert Bear for thirty years. Previous to this, Bestall produced more than forty colour illustrations for The Tatler as well as countless humorous line drawings and cartoon sketches

© Mary Evans Picture Library 2015 - https://copyrighthub.org/s0/hub1/creation/maryevans/MaryEvansPictureID/10223103

Building the HTP warehouse on Malpas Road, Truro, Cornwall. Around 1911 Featured D Image

Building the HTP warehouse on Malpas Road, Truro, Cornwall. Around 1911

Warehouse being built for HTP (Hosken, Trevithick and Polkinhorn), who were agricultural and grain merchants. View of the frame of the building with scaffolding and gangs of workers, including possibly a supervisor wearing a bowler hat in the centre of the photograph. Some workers are standing precariously on the top girder and many are holding the tools of their trade. The architect was Alfred J. Cornelius and the warehouse was completed in 1911. The building was later converted into 9 apartments as part of the Poltisco Wharf development. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan

© From the collection of the RIC