Canvas Prints
Fine Art Prints
Mounted Prints
Cards
Home Decor

We accept all major credit cards

Mary Evans Prints Online

Wall Art and Photo Gifts from Mary Evans Picture Library

Mary Evans Picture Library makes available wonderful images created for people to enjoy over the centuries

Media ID 32302420

© Aviation Ancestry

FEATURES IN THESE COLLECTIONS

> Europe > United Kingdom > England > London > Transport > Aviation > Related Images

> Europe > United Kingdom > England > Manchester > Clifton

> Europe > United Kingdom > England > Manchester > Manchester

> Historic > World War I and II > Airplanes and aviation

> Historic > World War I and II > Military equipment

> Historic > World War I and II > World War II

> Mary Evans Prints Online > New Images July 2023

> North America > United States of America > New York > New York > Related Images

VISUAL DESCRIPTION
The image is a black and white advertisement for Exide Aircraft Batteries, featuring the text "AVRO chooses EXIDE. " The ad highlights that the Avro Tudor I, which is set to be the first British airliner to operate the London-New York route for B. O. A. C. , uses Exide batteries exclusively. It emphasizes that attributes such as lighter weight with greater capacity and better performance with longer life are reasons why a majority of Britain's leading aircraft manufacturers have chosen Exide as standard equipment on their latest passenger and freight aircraft. Below this main paragraph, there's a list titled "The following aircraft are fitted with EXIDE Batteries of similar type" followed by names of various aircraft models including AVRO TUDOR I & II, AIRSPEED AMBASSADOR & CONSUL, ARMSTRONG WHITWORTH ENVOY & LANCASTER TRANSPORT among others. At the bottom part of the ad is the logo for 'Exide Aircraft Batteries' along with information about its manufacturer: "THE CHLORIDE ELECTRICAL STORAGE COMPANY LIMITED - Exide Works, Clifton Junction, nr. Manchester. " This advertisement likely dates back to an era when aviation was transitioning into commercial transatlantic flights post World War II (late 1940s or early 1950s), given that it mentions specific historical aircraft types like Avro Tudor and Armstrong Whitworth Lancaster Transport.

MADE IN THE UK
Safe Shipping with 30 Day Money Back Guarantee

FREE PERSONALISATION*
We are proud to offer a range of customisation features including Personalised Captions, Color Filters and Picture Zoom Tools

SECURE PAYMENTS
We happily accept a wide range of payment options so you can pay for the things you need in the way that is most convenient for you

* Options may vary by product and licensing agreement. Zoomed Pictures can be adjusted in the Basket.

redeem
Beautiful Photo Prints and Gifts
Professionally Printed
inventory
Photo Prints are in stock
thumb_up
Professional quality finish
diamond
Made with high-grade materials
inventory_2
Carefully packed to aid safe arrival
+