Fine Art Prints
Mounted Prints
Metal Prints
Cards
Home Decor

We accept all major credit cards

Mary Evans Prints Online

Wall Art and Photo Gifts from Mary Evans Picture Library

Mary Evans Picture Library makes available wonderful images created for people to enjoy over the centuries

Media ID 32275454

© Aviation Ancestry

FEATURES IN THESE COLLECTIONS

> Historic > World War I and II > Airplanes and aviation

> Historic > World War I and II > Generals and leaders

> Historic > World War I and II > World War I

> Mary Evans Prints Online > New Images July 2023

VISUAL DESCRIPTION
The image depicts two vintage biplane aircraft in flight, set against a backdrop of scattered clouds. The leading aircraft is banking to the left with its upper and lower wings clearly visible, showcasing the distinctive design of early 20th-century aviation. The trailing plane mirrors this maneuver slightly below and behind the leader, maintaining formation. Both planes feature single propellers at their noses and open cockpits typical of that era's military or stunt flying craft. Below the photograph is a logo for "AVRO, " which stands for A. V. Roe & Co Limited, indicating that these aircraft are models produced by this British airplane manufacturer known for creating various types of aircraft including those used during World War I. The text beneath the AVRO logo reads "Branch of Hawker Siddeley Aircraft Co. , Ltd. " This suggests that at the time when this image was published or created, A. V. Roe & Co had become part of Hawker Siddeley, a larger group known for manufacturing airframes until its eventual absorption into other companies. Overall, this historical black-and-white photo captures an evocative moment from early aviation history and serves as an advertisement or promotional material highlighting AVRO's contributions to aerospace engineering and design.

MADE IN THE UK
Safe Shipping with 30 Day Money Back Guarantee

FREE PERSONALISATION*
We are proud to offer a range of customisation features including Personalised Captions, Color Filters and Picture Zoom Tools

FREE COLORIZATION SERVICE
You can choose advanced AI Colorization for this picture at no extra charge!

SECURE PAYMENTS
We happily accept a wide range of payment options so you can pay for the things you need in the way that is most convenient for you

* Options may vary by product and licensing agreement. Zoomed Pictures can be adjusted in the Basket.

redeem
Beautiful Photo Prints and Gifts
Professionally Printed
inventory
Photo Prints are in stock
thumb_up
Professional quality finish
diamond
Made with high-grade materials
inventory_2
Carefully packed to aid safe arrival

Related Images

Fashion: Model Kate Howard and daughter Lucy. February 1975 75-00972
Fashion: Model Kate Howard and daughter Lucy. February 1975 75-00972
USA, Washington State, Seabeck. Fern forest against sky
USA, Washington State, Seabeck. Fern forest against sky
Hans Georg Anscheidt (Suzuki) at Ramsey Hairpin 1966 50cc TT
Hans Georg Anscheidt (Suzuki) at Ramsey Hairpin 1966 50cc TT
Tulip (Tuplia species) close up of stigma, Banbridge, County Down, Northern Ireland
Tulip (Tuplia species) close up of stigma, Banbridge, County Down, Northern Ireland
Fulrade (Fulrad), the great chaplain of Pepin the Brief
Fulrade (Fulrad), the great chaplain of Pepin the Brief
Manchester United v. Leicester City. March 1984 MF14-20-084 The final score was a
Manchester United v. Leicester City. March 1984 MF14-20-084 The final score was a
Engelbert Humperdinck with his parents, Mervyn and Olive Dorsey. 12th December 1979
Engelbert Humperdinck with his parents, Mervyn and Olive Dorsey. 12th December 1979
Queen Margrethe of Denmark, accompanied by her husband, Prince Henrik
Queen Margrethe of Denmark, accompanied by her husband, Prince Henrik
Footballer Paul Gascoigne - Gazza John Gascoigne father of Paul stood in for his
Footballer Paul Gascoigne - Gazza John Gascoigne father of Paul stood in for his
Lewis Collins Actor with wife Michelle Larrett and their 19-month old son Oliver at their
Lewis Collins Actor with wife Michelle Larrett and their 19-month old son Oliver at their
Roger Moore Actor pictured after his tour of South America as UNICEF Ambassador
Roger Moore Actor pictured after his tour of South America as UNICEF Ambassador
Actor Ian McShane and his children Morgan, 11, and Kate, 15
Actor Ian McShane and his children Morgan, 11, and Kate, 15

+

Shipping

+

Choices

+

Reviews

+

Guaranteed