Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.co.uk
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
 
Home > Historic England > The way we were > Leisure > Entertainment

Entertainment Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 49 pictures in our Entertainment collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery. We are proud to offer this selection in partnership with Historic England.


Exhibition Park, Newcastle. 1929 EPW026662 Featured Entertainment Print

Exhibition Park, Newcastle. 1929 EPW026662

EXHIBITION PARK, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Tyne and Wear. Aerial view. The North East Coast Exhibition, May 1929. The Pleasure Grounds for the exhibition, including gardens, a lake and a funfair on the edge of the Town Moor. The exhibition attracted more than 4 million visitors in 24 weeks. The only surviving building from this exhibition is the Military Vehicle Museum. Aerofilms Collection (see Links)

© Historic England

Defoe in the pillory N110160 Featured Entertainment Print

Defoe in the pillory N110160

MAYSON BEETON COLLECTION. Engraving of Daniel Defoe in the pillory at Temple Bar, July 1703. In December 1702 Defoe had published a political pamplet entitled "Shortest Way with the Dissenters" which satirised the high-church arguments of those Tories who wished to abolish the practice of occasional conformity (which allowed Dissenters to hold office). In May 1703, when his authorship was discovered, Defoe was arrested for seditious libel and was sentenced to a large fine, to stand in the pillory three times and was sent to Newgate prison. Defoe stood in the pillory on 29, 30, and 31 July, ringed with protective supporters

© Historic England

The Kursaal, Bexhill EPW000121 Featured Entertainment Print

The Kursaal, Bexhill EPW000121

THE KURSAAL, de la Warr Parade, Bexhill, Sussex, photographed in 1920. The Kursaal or "Cure Hall" was built in 1896 as Bexhill's first entertainment pavilion, the closest thing to a pier the town ever had. It was renamed the Pavilion after the first world war. It was closed in 1936, shortly after the de la Warr Pavilion (350m to the West) was opened in 1935. The site, near the war memorial, is now occupied by the sailing club. The terrace behind remains, including the Normanhurst Hotel. EPW000121 Aerofilms Collection (see Links)

© Historic England