Skip to main content

sales@mediastorehouse.co.uk
Tel: 0203 286 0822
Home > Historic England > Architecture > High Streets

High Streets Gallery

The changing face of English High Streets

Choose from 101 pictures in our High Streets collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping. We are proud to offer this selection in partnership with Historic England.


Newark Moot Hall OP35559 Featured High Streets Image

Newark Moot Hall OP35559

MOOT HALL, 18 MARKET PLACE, NEWARK, NEWARK AND SHERWOOD, NOTTINGHAMSHIRE. The main, south elevation of the Moot Hall (former Town Hall) viewed from the Market Place, whilst the premises of A F Coyne

© Historic England Archive

1950s, Cobbles, Conversion, Georgian, His Masters Voice, Moot Hall, Motorcycle, Reuse, Sidecar, Town Hall, Vehicles

Rebuilding Lambeth OP35458 Featured High Streets Image

Rebuilding Lambeth OP35458

St John's Church, Waterloo Road, Lambeth, Greater London. Exterior view from the north-west of St John's Church, showing the building surrounded by scaffolding during rebuilding following bomb damage during the Second World War.
The original caption reads: "Rebuilding of St. John's Church, Waterloo Road."
St John's Church was originally built in 1823-4 to designs by the architect Francis Bedford. It was one of four churches built in Lambeth in the Greek Revival style. The church was damaged by bombs during the Second World War. It was later restored and designated as the Festival of Britain church in 1951

© Historic England Archive

Cornhill shops Bury St Edmunds MBC01_02_002 Featured High Streets Image

Cornhill shops Bury St Edmunds MBC01_02_002

Boots, Cornhill, Bury St. Edmunds, West Suffolk. The Boots store and Post Office at 15 and 17-18 Cornhill.
The Boots store at 15 Cornhill was built in 1910-1911 and was designed by Michael Vyne Treleaven, Boots' in-house architect. The first floor windows are flanked by statues of Agricola, St Edmund, Edward I and Edward VI, sculpted by Gilbert Seale and Son Ltd. The Post Office at 17-18 Cornhill was built in 1896 and was designed by H Tanner of H M Office of Works. In the early 2000s, 15 Cornhill was occupied by W H Smith. The Post Office later moved from 17-18 Cornhill to the same premises as W H Smith next door, and the original Post Office building was redeveloped in 2020 to create two commercial units and flats behind the original facade

© Historic England Archive