Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.co.uk
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
Home > All Images > 2021 > June > 16 Jun 2021

Images Dated 16th June 2021

Choose from 78 pictures in our Images Dated 16th June 2021 collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


Royal Institute Museum AA41_00129 Featured 16 Jun 2021 Print

Royal Institute Museum AA41_00129

Royal Institute Museum, Albion Street, City of Kingston upon Hull. An exterior view of the Royal Institute Museum, built in 1852 by Cuthbert Brodrick and destroyed by the Hull blitz, photographed in 1941.
The museum was built by Cuthbert Brodrick (b.1821-d.1905) c 1852, with it opening in 1854. The Hull Literary and Philosophical Society was established in 1822 and resided at the museum. In c1941 the department store Thornton-Varley Ltd relocated to the Royal Institue as it's former home had been damaged in the blitz. However, the institute was later bombed, in 1943. The front facade had a large Corinthian portico of five bays, and two projecting bays on either side, with fluted columns surrounding the ground floor windows, and capped with a pediment. Above was a balustraded parapet and a central rectangular plinth with a statue, most likely of Britannia, with a spear in her right hand, and two figures reclining under her feet

© Historic England Archive

Trinity House plaster work AA41_00048 Featured 16 Jun 2021 Print

Trinity House plaster work AA41_00048

TRINITY HOUSE, TRINITY HOUSE LANE, CITY OF KINGSTON UPON HULL. A detailed view of plaster wall panels and coving in the Court Room in Trinity House, photographed in 1941. The walls of the room have raised plaster panels and elaborate coving with plaster swags and paintings of mythical beasts: in the image are two hippocampi, or sea-horses, either side of an emblem with an anchor. The court room is part of Trinity House, consisting of offices and houses in a polygonal plan around two interior courtyards. The main block dates to 1753 and the Guild House is c1775, with the remaining buildings constructed in the 18th and 19th centuries

© Historic England Archive

Old Mill AA028941 Featured 16 Jun 2021 Print

Old Mill AA028941

OLD MILL, LITTLE BETTESHANGER, NORTHBOURNE, DOVER, KENT. A view of Old Mill, showing the smock mill in working condition, photographed in May 1929. A mill is known to have been standing on this site in 1769, near the hamlet of Little Betteshanger. It lost two of its sails in 1925 but the owner Lord Northbourne reconditioned the mill in 1928. At the time of the photograph it was a working mill and was operated by Mr J Court who appears to be standing at the door to the mill. It was later demolished in 1957

© Francis Matthew Shea