Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.co.uk
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
Home > All Images > 2006

2006 Gallery

Choose from 59,044 pictures in our 2006 collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


Lords Cricket Ground 24418_024 Featured 2006 Print

Lords Cricket Ground 24418_024

LORDS CRICKET GROUND, St Johns Wood, London. Founded on this site in 1814 the "Home of Cricket" is owned by the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC), and is host to Middlesex County Cricket and the England and Wales Cricket Board. The match in progress is the first day of Middlesex versus Hampshire in the County Championship. Photographed 8th August 2006

© Historic England

The Flying Scotsmans Cocktail Bar, LNER poster, c 1930s Featured 2006 Print

The Flying Scotsmans Cocktail Bar, LNER poster, c 1930s

In the 1920s and 30s the London & North Eastern Railway press department worked extremely hard to nurture the image of the Flying Scotsman. The train was promoted as an ideal of luxury and sophistication without equal amongst the railways of the world. This poster shows a silhouetted pair of hands shaking a cocktail shaker. The cocktail bar was one of many facilities passengers could take advantage of on their journey between LondonA

© These images are for viewing purposes only. Their belongs to the photographer . Their delivery does not constitute a right to use. Reproduction rights must be ordered, or permission obtained in writing, if ANY use at all is made of any of these images.

Trent Bridge, Nottingham 20520_009 Featured 2006 Print

Trent Bridge, Nottingham 20520_009

TRENT BRIDGE CRICKET GROUND, Nottingham. Trent Bridge was first used for cricket in 1838 and is the third oldest cricket ground in the world. It is the home of Nottinghamshire County Cricket Club. The first test match at Trent Bridge between England and Australia in 1899 ended in a draw. Since then it has hosted numerous Test matches as well as one-day and Twenty20 international matches. From the 1860s until 1910 it was also used for staging football matches by the town's two team - Notts County and Nottingham Forest. These two clubs later moved to Meadow Lane and the City Ground respectively, both of which are visible in this shot

© Historic England