Skip to main content
Prints and Wall Art since 2004
sales@mediastorehouse.co.uk
Tel: 0203 286 0822
Home > Religion

Religion Gallery

Choose from 15,443 pictures in our Religion collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


Salisbury cathedral, Wiltshire, England Featured Religion Image

Salisbury cathedral, Wiltshire, England

Salisbury cathedral in Salisbury, Wiltshire. The cathedral is one of the best examples of Early English architecture. Due to the short period of time that it was in, the cathedral has a consistent style that can be described as Early English Gothic. It was built in the 13th century and has the tallest spire in the United Kingdom

© 2010 Frans Sellies

Birkenhead in 1920 EPW004029 Featured Religion Image

Birkenhead in 1920 EPW004029

BIRKENHEAD, Merseyside, August 1920. Aerial view. Prominent in the foreground are Queens Buildings with St James Church on its roundabout and Corporation Street. On the West Float of Wallasey Pool two Graving docks can be seen (beneath the aircraft wing) adjacent to Brassey's Canada Iron Works (where materials and rolling stock for Canada's Grand Trunk Railway were manufactured in the 1850s and 1860s) and the huge flour mills (including Ocean Flour Mills), which in the 1920s were milling more grain than anywhere else in Europe. The East Float, Mersey and Liverpool's Three Graces can be made out in the distance. Aerofilms Collection (see Links)

© Historic England

Lanherne Convent, St Mawgan in Pydar, Cornwall. 1906 Featured Religion Image

Lanherne Convent, St Mawgan in Pydar, Cornwall. 1906

A view of Lanherne Convent taken from the main entrance gate, with the tower of St Mawgan in Pydar Parish Church just visible over the trees on the right hand side. There is also a large glass house in front of the building on the right. Lanherne was formerly the Manor House of the Arundell family and home of the prominent Catholic Sir John Arundell in the 16th century. It became a place of refuge for many priests during the Reformation. In 1794 the manor was given to the Carmelite nuns and still runs as a convent. Photographer: John Charles Burrow

© From the collection of the RIC